Sunday 3 July 2011

UKS - Play along with Scrap Factor wk 11

Last weeks LO........

Won the 'paper' section !!!

Yay - what a lovely surprise and a lovely memory of my dearest dad!!

I really enjoyed doing this page - it's surprising what you can achieve without any patterned paper!!

And I was pretty pleased with the result   :-D

~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~

So this week we had to 'scraplift' one of our own earlier layouts. This was quite a challenge as I have only been srapping for 7 months and I don't think my style has changed that much - although my earlier LOs were somewhat naive and lacking dimension and techniques.

So I decided to re-do my first solo page (previously I had done a page at a Scrap Angels class)  :-D 
Since starting scrapbooking I have learnt -

how to re-size my photos ~
distressing ~
inking ~
making my own flowers ~
heat embossing ~
spritzing  ~
and much, much more ....

 

The original LO was mounted on canvas and was a Christmas present for a dear friend. All the embellishments were bought and I only had pinking shears to edge my tags  !!











What do you think ?  x x

3 comments:

  1. Oh yes, you have much more a style of scrapping now, it's a lovely lo. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow just a few changes has made that page so much more ... dynamic (is that the word I want?) Super, Karen. And well done on winning the PAWSF - a worthy winner. Enjoy your orize. LOL.
    Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's such a change! Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete