Wednesday 6 March 2013

WOYWW 196

Hello,
I don't usually take part in this blog hop due to time constraints but I have followed a few friends posts and as 2 of them are blogging next to me while we are "retreating" I thought I would share mine too.

WOYWW = What's on your workdesk? Wednesday for those who are not familiar with Julia's concept.

So here goes. This is my little piece of the kitchen table we are scrapping on. On the left is my netbook for catching up on all the 'goss' (I have just shared a FB post which had us all LOHO) and checking out inspiration/ideas. In the middle is my work-in-progress - a LO of my son waiting for his fajitas in Chilli's, using Simple Stories and some blown misting ink, which was great fun and I did like the end result :)

On the right you might notice a small glass of white wine (the only time I drink and scrap at the same time is when we are retreating :o). Well, I have to keep my friend Maria company - she lives in France and doesn't like to drink alone!!!

Maria thought my LO needed "improving" and added a piece of bright orange paper with torn edges !

~ this was payback for a small piece of punched kraft that I had 'added' to her LO last night after she had gone to bed !! She hates anything to do with kraft BTW :D

If anyone is wondering why I am writing about this pop over to Julia's blog to read more about 'What's on your workdesk? Wednesday'

Happy Wednesday everybody xx

8 comments:

  1. Glad you are enjoying your retreat :)
    Great scrap page and LO
    Happy WOYWW Heather #59

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout, hope you enjoyed the wine. x

    Sharon#125

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your scrap page and the fact that you decided to join us today thank you for sharing
    Have a great WOYWW thank you for sharing your workspace today
    Ria #39

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness me! what a difference a piece of (torn) paper can make, your handsome son really stands out now.
    Thanks for sharing
    Bishopsmate #108

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant blog post Karen, more please :)

    I can't believe you noticed that piece of orange paper Maria put there lol. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I really like the BEFORE LO. Not totally convinced about the orange torn paper addition, perhaps it just needs distressing round the edges to help it blend in. Thanks for sharing BJ#69

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm, retreats, crafting and wine .... Sounds good to me. Room for one more
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to WOYWW Karen:) Nice to see you sharing your corner of the desk with us. Your little allocated space is very tidy compared to mine but I notice you didn't show us the floor and the chair next to you Lol!

    Susi #84

    ReplyDelete