Thursday 21 March 2013

WOYWW 198 - A bit late !!

Wow these Wednesdays come round quickly!! Sorry I did not post yesterday - I took the lappie to work with the intention of dashing off a quick post...then I left the memory card in the camera and then left that at home - so no photo to blog about. My excuse is that my lift arrived early and said 'shall we stop at McD's on the way to work!?'  I couldn't deny her, could I ???

Desk is a bit of a mess as I worked Tuesday night then went to meet a friend for some scrappin' time at ScrapAngels at lunch time on Wednesday!

Anyway! ...On my desk today is a card I made for a dear friend whose husband had been in the nursing home where I work for about 5 years. He had Parkinson's disease and was very poorly. Sadly he passed away recently and his wife very generously gave all the staff a cheque.

So here is a Thank You card I made for her.


The idea for the card came from my UKS friend Susi, whose blog can be found here :)

There is also the start of a layout in the top LH corner


Sorry for the brief post but I hope you all have a great WOYWW xx 
For more WoYWW blogging lovliness head over to Julia's here

11 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your friends hubby. Sometimes we have to make sad cards, but the memories of them live on forever with us. Happy WOYWW for yesterday. Karen 140 x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not to worry about being late...I always seem to be late as well. Love your "thank you" card,,especially the swirlies! Thanks for sharing. dix---

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never mind if you are late as long as you take part. Lovely card Francesca #107

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just a gorgeous card Karen and for a great reason :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is very pretty and I'm sure the recipient will appreciate it. It's too bad when work interferes with WOYWW, isn't it? Hope you're having a good week with some more time to play. ~ Laura #115

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear of the loss your dear friend has had. Your card is so very pretty and I am sure it will be greatly appreciated.
    How nice that she gave the staff a cheque!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh the plans of mice and men...I had a day like that a few Mondays ago, everything I needed at work was at home...not good. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The card is lovely. April #138

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super card, loads of lovely layers. Happy "late" WOYWW BJ#137 and thanks for visiting me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The card looks gorgeous, I have a few friends with parkinsons too
    Bridget #157

    ReplyDelete
  11. i had to do a sympathy card this week too, not my fav ones to make.
    caroline #99

    ReplyDelete